Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Wednesday that he was seeking better tax policies for people in the middle class like himself.

“I think it’s a real problem when you have half of Americans — almost half of Americans that are not paying income tax,” the candidate told a group of supporters at a town hall event in Florida. “My own view with regards to tax policy is that we ought to provide help to the people that have been hurt most by the Obama economy, and that’s the middle class.”

“It’s not those at the low end and it’s certainly not for those at the very high end. It’s for the great middle class, the 80 to 90 percent of us in this country.”

Earlier at the same event, he had promised not to pander or be “phony.”

In June, Romney told another group of unemployed Floridians that he was “also unemployed.”

The former Massachusetts governor has a net worth estimated at up to $250 million. Earlier this month, a supporter in Tampa thanked him for creating jobs by quadrupling the size of his $12 million California beachfront mansion.

67 Responses to Romney “I’m Middle Class” & “I’m Unemployed” How about “I’m rich and out of touch”?

hilarious.

I think by definition, the middle class is the middle three quintiles of American earners. That makes up 60% of America right now, and the wage range is somewhere in the neighborhood of $25,000 per year up to $200,000 a year.

If you make more than $200,000 per year, you are not middle class.

I have to add…this is almost as good as Rick Perry trying to pray away the nation’s problems one day while bragging about how many people he has personally signed the execution order for the next. Where does the GOP come up with these loons?

3. Moderator says:

Thank you for your hackery, Bryan.

4. Avatar of Breezy Belle Breezy Belle says:

I want to be part of Mitt’s middle class. It’s good to be unemployed, apparently.
    I’ve been doing it all wrong, I guess. Damn.

5. The Peoples Eyebrow-^ says:

He is middle class much like the professional sports players are “rank and file” union workers….they need to stop trying to play us all for fools….they are so far out of touch with reality it boggles the imagination.

6. Anonymous says:

Any American can have the same type of success as Mitt. After all we are the country who built the intercontinental railroad!

7. wamba says:

“Middle Class” is not just about the Benjamins.

8. billybones says:

Ralph, you are as big of a piece of shit as anon is. Trolling is trolling no matter how you look at it. I suggest you troll elsewhere.

9. Henry says:

Billy: “Romney “I’m Middle Class” & “I’m Unemployed” How about “I’m rich and out of touch”?”

I agree. Romney is not the answer.

10. Avatar of Vertigo Vertigo says:

I believe, Billy, its time for a new topic, and there are many.. MANY newsworthy topics to post… not the least of which is how the lobbyists have prevented any changes to be made in the system from the housing crash, and its every bit at risk of having the exact same thing happen today as it was in 008′

You should take the advice of the link above..

and only allow registered users to post. In this manner you can not only keep one person from ganging up on others with multiple nics, but you can ban the worst abusers from the site.

Personally, I have had my puter time somewhat restricted, and don’t have the time to do “Tit for Tat” with trolls. My own Tavern is on a roll right now, and this is consuming my time. Although I check to see whats happening here, there is little thats truly comment worthy enough to actually log on for.

I guess the trolls have won, which is sad and nothing to be proud of.

• Anonymous says:

“I guess the trolls have won”

Congratulations to you, Vertigo!

• For the record: I feel bad for getting sucked into the troll vortex. I should have known better. I’ve always liked this blog, and there have been many thoughtful discussions in the past, with both sides of the argument represented well. I hope it can return to that more civil format.

11. Anonymous says:

Yet you are proud of what you have done. Kinda sad you would destroy a place where interesting and free thoughts flowed and instead turned it into personal attacks and drivel.

12. Henry says:

Vert: “In this manner you can not only keep one person from ganging up on others with multiple nics,”

I don’t think that is possible. Are YOU sure that can be done?

13. Anon 2 says:

Gee, this isn’t so hard….

14. Bullies Anonymous says:

You better not contradict me,

15. Moral highground hiding behind Anonymous says:

And I am ALWAYS right

16. Point made says:

that took me less than one minute to post all of them.

17. “In this manner you can not only keep one person from ganging up on others with multiple nics”

“I haven’t stopped posting. I just have changed my game”

Apparently Vertigo disagrees with his own methods. Trollers gonna troll.

• Might or Might Not Be Vertigo says:

Trollers have already ruined the game, Troll. You just made my point. I have a registered nic I prefer to use. If everybody else follows the same rules its a fair game… if not the rules have to change.

Thanks for ruining a great site Troll, we USED to have interesting conversations here. Funny, it was Tracy Briggs endorsement that brought you here. Wish she hadn’t done that.

• Anonymous says:

Hiding behind a fake nickname deriding someone of using a fake nickname. Stay classy, Vert!

• Might or Might Not Be Vertigo says:

enjoy being alone, I am not returning.

I was all that was left. Hope you feel proud troll, typical conservative can only destroy things, not build.

18. Might or Might Not Be Vertigo says:

The biggest thing is, Henry, as long as the person hides behind “Anon” (whatever varying nic he may chose that moment), you cannot respond to them.; they leave no context nor history of their perspective.

The worst thing about this is, the post is almost always a sucker punch instead of a well thought out argument… pro or con… of the subject matter. Its obvious the entire objective is to bring any dialogue against their opinion to a dead halt before anybody can actually think about the entire topic let alone explore the truth.

Sound familiar? It should because this is the primary tactic of the radio pundits who don’t allow anybody to present opposing opinions.

For the record, the fucktard posting as billybones on Oct 2 was not me.

20. I personally Believe that blog, “Romney