More Violent Rhetoric

Ok, one wonders, will the violent rhetoric ever tone down? Crosshairs, Lock and Load, after the Giffords shooting, dems and libs were all over pointing to violent imagery used by Republicans and Tea party members. Not much air is given to the fact that the left uses the same imagery.  The most recent example is  Jimmy Hoffa…

President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let’s take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong,” Hoffa added.

Now we all know that “take them out” is slang for removing someone through violence, or killing someone.  Now i’m not silly enough to say that is what he meant, any more than Sarah Palin was really saying shoot someone…but maybe, just maybe, it’s time to change the rhetoric a bit.

18 Responses to More Violent Rhetoric

1. wamba says:

You will either die on the gallows or of a loathsome disease.”
    …John Montague (to John Wilkes)
    “That depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress.”
    …John Wilkes, in reply

Now, that’s more like it!

2. thothamon says:

so, I assume you are moderating these?

3. The Peoples Eyebrow-^ says:

…odd, that sort of rhetoric from a Hoffa…more like “lets give them bastards their own personal fucking seat license in a can…at the fifty yard line….at Giants Stadium…” or something in that order.

never mind.

• Henry says:

I can’t disagree. How beautiful to be told all your bills will be paid. Who can argue with that?

• No Brainer says:

Its better than fabricating personal issues such as birthrights, or showcasing programs mutilated and castrated by the opposition.

This is where fundamental character is showcased.

• Anonymous says:

Simple, yes. Thuthful, no.

• No Brainer says:

Well, ATG, perhaps you can specify which parts are not truthful. You have all the information right at your fingertips. I am sure you can even find a verbatim transcript on line.

• No Brainer says:

Gee Anonymous Troll Guy (ATG), no meaningless pithy response? I am sure you can find SOMETHING untruthful about what he said…..

4. More of the new civility says:
  5. Stating the obvious says:

Um, isn’t a Zombie the obvious progression from Sheeple?

You know…usually when I “take someone out”, it involves dinner and a movie. And if I’m lucky, a nightcap.

7. Avatar of Breezy Belle Breezy Belle says:

I would agree that Mr. Hoffa – being who he is – should have thought a little bit harder about his little speech before just letting it flow thru those lips.

And I will even agree – if there are going to be complaints about cross hairs (or whatever), and verbiage choices from the “right” side of the fence, then the “left” side of the fence had better start holding itself to it’s own standards.

Gooses, geeses, ganders… all that bs…

8. Avatar of Charlie Charlie says:

I found Jimmy Hoffa… and he’s not dead.

Wait til you see Marylin… Can’t say she is not dead, but you might wish she were…..

NOOOOOO… THIS IS WRONG… I was going to quote James Dean for saying… ““Live fast, die young and have a good-looking corpse!” but he didn’t say it! It was John Derek before he made his trophy wife… Bo… an awesome looking corpse!!!! Just wrong, I say….

Not the same, and although I somehow think seeing Marylins corpse would still be better than Elvis’s, we need to omit the visuals completely now….

9. h8rapandelvis2 says:

yeah, and elvis and tupac live and are buttbanging each other with peanut butter as lube

10. Security says:

Hey douchebag!
    yes you h8rapandelvis2.
    does your mom know you are on her computer while she is at work down on the street corner..and with your pants down around your ankles and all? Jesus H McCarthy! WTF! Is that an ankle bracelot I see? Make a point or be an object of our derision and ridicule dumbass.

Yup, you are a real card.
    BTW.
    What happened to #1?? Well that doesn’t matter….#2 suits you better shithead.